cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Save as word doc issue

HP Recommended

I am new to the HP Sprout, I have been scanning documents and when I save as, to send them to my boss it will only save as a sproutdoc, no other option is available on the drop down list, so the document does not open on his apple mac.

could any one help me with this please.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 2
Level 2
19 19 1 3
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CK6_2016 Unfortunatly the Sprout does not save in native MS Word doc format (*.docx or *. doc ) so your best option for compatability would be to save as .PDF and the Mac should be able to open it.

Regards,

Olenn_D

I am an HP Employee - Sprout Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you,
But my desktop is only offering sroutdoc, no their options when I press save as, I can save it to my documents, - then I give the document a name- then the box below, only offers sprout doc, not all files?
Do I need to install a converter?
Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
Level 2
19 19 1 3
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CK6_2016 Based on your responce I have a feeling you may not be doing DocScan correctly so here is a quick tutorial Video on this that may help you.

https://youtu.be/PVyH71kF3tw

Look over this and if you still are having troubles you may want to contact the HP Sprout support line to get more assistance.

Regards,

Olenn_D

I am an HP Employee - Sprout Support
Learn how to scan documents on the Sprout by HP. Use the Doc Scan app to scan the document, then annotate the document scan with ink, text, and images using ...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you,
I do believe I did t share the document off the Matt, hence it not going as PDF ,
I will retry and once I have completed, I will accept as am solution, many thanks!
C x
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation