cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
warrydailey
Level 1
5 4 0 4
Message 11 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Scam Alerts

For your sake, I am glad this website and responses are all here.  I caught up since I first reported and it appears one of the responders recommending removing your P# from HP lists.  In bad times, bad people get worse.  I live in the country and I just love the calls of those wanting to shampoo my carpets - None or better yet, service my A/C system - None and if I ever do anything right, it will be to waste my electricity on-line on the computer and not using a dryer.  Fresh country air will dry clothes even with snow on the ground, so I make efficient use of the universe as often as feasible; so please read what the experts wrote or try doing a "return to former set-up by date" - I have used often and it does not affect your documents.  I have also procured an external hard drive for backing up everything and in the event of a forest fire (based on where I live, the external goes into my trunk with clean underwear, photo CD's, a good coat, my parrot, my cats and adios - nature will do what it wants - being prepared is always a good policy.  Hope you find a solution - I was lucky with HP overseas, but it took 5 people before I found one who listened first and did not follow a "crib" sheet because there was NO knowledge of O/S or computers.  Be safe first and not sorry later.  Happy holidays to all and good luck.  Be sure to msg anyone who is on this blog who can answer your questions best to your satisfaction...WD

snowcone82
2 2 0 1
Message 12 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Scam Alerts

Making it short; I messed up and took them up on their offer. I have no pc back ground and thought they would help me keep my pc running smooth. WRONG! I have just figured out how and what they do. They make you think they work for Microsoft Windows, get you to agree and pay them to make sure your Windows is up to date and working right. Then they make sure you can't get any updates or help by stopping all abilities of your pc to contact any supports or updates. Then when your pc don't work right they pressure you into buying a new upgrade. And the process starts all over again. It took a few calls to piece this together but that is the "just" of it. Now, I have just downloaded the HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT and able to get on here. My next step is to run the HP TUNE-UP tonight. Does anyone have any other ideals that I need to do to fix any problems TEAMVIEWER has done to my pc? I have a HP Pavilion p7-1254 Desktop PC with product QW699AA#ABA, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Thankful for any and all help ideals!

warrydailey
Level 1
5 4 0 4
Message 13 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Scam Alerts

I appreciate your non-ethnic bias of callers from other countries as I believe they have a lot of our manufacturing, etc. as it is and it is time to fight for OUR own products and jobs.  This is not limited to computers either; my best friend was born in Copenhagen (speaks fluent Danish) and her parents had to scrounge airfare for mother and twin girls to join the Dad in America to keep from being drafted in US; father had already served 6 years in the RAF and was now setting down to family.  She works in insurance (now retired from large American company) and our new ObamaCare has overseas operators operating the phone lines in order to get everybody in America insured.  She tried to connect with someone for my son and they did not comprehend her questions and asked for English-speaking and was given the terse response of discrimination of being American and she quickly replied "I am not an American citizen either, but I speak English, so give me someone who can understand basic questions" and she told me that despite all of her business encounters, she will not work with someone who cannot enunciate properly and has been targeted verbally as being discriminating or not politically correct a lot, but as soon as she says she is not American citizen - the jerks back off.  So the moral of the story is: Fight for YOUR rights - it is your computer and you have a right to protect your assets; and I personally appreciate people who understand you don't have to be a crook in order to make a good, honest living.  Have a GR8 life!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation