cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sashka22
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Screen Brightness Flashes When Pressing Spots

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with my display, when I apply moderate amount of pressure on certain points on my computer the screen brightness will flash up for a second, and then go back to normal. These points are the area below the keyboard under the keypad or the top left corner of the screen.
These issues get better when restarting my computer. Would this likely be hardwere or softwere related?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @sashka22,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that the display brightness changes when you touch some points on your screen. Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

May I know the product number of your computer?

Have you checked the issue in BIOS?

Could you please provide a screenshot if possible?

To the best of my knowledge, all the displays when you insert moderate pressure. You will see a ripple effect and the brightness will change in the surrounding as the display is made of LCD (liquid crystals) and come back to normal when you stop inserting pressure.

Please run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated on your computer. Click here to know more. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation