Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Screen flashes every time i switch windows / tasks

HP Recommended
Pavilion 27es
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I switch windows / tasks, the screen always flases once, then goes back to normal. I've tried changing the hertz refresh rate, and checked to see if everythings plugged in. This is really annoying me. Is there any known fix?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
26,046 25,809 2,262 8,336
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MeowPilot

See the following - issue may be an application or out-dated driver:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

On the more mundane side (and after you have checked / updated your applications / drivers), try setting the Background to something bland - one screen only, no "slideshow".

Windows key > Settings Settings_Wheel_2.JPG > Personalization > Background

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

Screen may flash if you are initiating (starting) a task / application for which you need administrative permission.  You can reduce the UAC settings to remove this "sreen flash" when starting these types of programs.

UAC_Settings_1.JPG

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THIS only made the screen flash twice now. 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation