Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Product Name: W8 X88 EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I start my laptop up, the hp logo pops up with the loading icon but it becomes stuck on that screen. I've also tried to do the system diagnostics by pressing ESC but once I go onto system diagnostics, the menu won't pop up, it will just come up with the hp logo and say it's restarting so I can't even do any diagnostics, and after it says it's restarting the screen will go blank and remain blank. 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @KurranP,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the computer is stuck on the hp logo screen since the last attempt to reset it,

Don't worry, we'll take care of this together 😉

Although, I need a few details to provide an accurate solution:

Was any update/reset process interrupted, recently?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

Is there an error message that appears on the screen or just the logo?

In the meantime, please attempt the below steps:

HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop​

Attempt a Bios Recovery

you could attempt to access the safe mode: click here for details

The only other steps to resolve the issue would be to:

Remove and reseat the memory modules

HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10)

If you wish to attempt a data backup prior to resetting windows: Click here

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues. If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
It comes up with the hp logic and after a few minutes it will say preparing automatic repair and I'll leave it to do that, and then it becomes a blank screen. The last time it was working was around march 19th, and the last thing I was doing on it was I was on the internet and it crashed and I left it for about 4-5 minutes but it didn't change so I turned it off by the button on the laptop and now it won't come back on.
HP Recommended
Hp logo*
HP Recommended

Hello@KurranP,

Thanks for the response.

Have you tried performing the recovery on your PC? Please update if you have done the recovery.

Performing the recovery will wipe out the hard drive on your PC.

Please make sure to have all your personal information before doing recovery.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP doesn’t recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
I've tried but my screen wil not turn on so I can't access anything it's just stuck on the hp logo and then it will go to a blank screen. It doesn't let me access anything.
HP Recommended

Hi @KurranP,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you are still having an issue with the screen stuck on HP logo screen. Don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help to resolve this issue.

Let's try to perform a Hard reset on the notebook. Now remove the HDD and then try to boot into the BIOS, if it loads into the BIOS with the HDD disconnected it's an issue with the HDD drive.

IF the PC fails to load into the BIOS then it's an issue with the Motherboard, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service related options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Since none of these solutions are getting me anywhere, could you tell me how I can send my laptop to hp for repair because these solutions are wasting time and getting no where.
HP Recommended

Hi @KurranP,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you would like to know how to send in the computer for repair. I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support and they will help you in setting up the repair. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

Please follow the link from the previous post to create a case. 

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
This isn't the first time I've had this issue and last time I talked to someone on another computer who was on the tech support or something like that. Is there a way you could link me to those chats with someone?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.