cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Screen remains lit after computer goes to sleep

HP Recommended
550-036
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Issue started after conversion to Windows 10

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 451 846
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @Roger31,

I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.  I understand that your screen remains lit, when the computer goes to sleep  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

From the computer side, you would want to look at these documents to change the power settings for the graphics adapter, and output to the external display.

HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎

HP Desktop PCs - Managing Power Options (Windows 10)

For the rest, you would need to look at the setting on the display itself. Most displays have adjustments for their own sleep mode, when there is no received signal. What is the model of the display?  You can consult the manual for the display, or use its on screen menu to make any adjustments. The method will vary from one make, model or brand, to the next.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation