Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion something or other
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My friend (who builds their own computers) said something about GPU card, but I want to check with professionals.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Hypnoticat wrote:
My friend (who builds their own computers) said something about GPU card, but I want to check with professionals.

Does it do this every time you turn the computer on or just occasionally?  

It does sound like a video card (GPU) issue, but also possibly LCD/Mainboard.  What is the HP P/N (Part Number) of your computer?  Is it an all-in-one device or do you have both a monitor and a tower?

HP Recommended

Hi Hypnoticat,

As there is limited informations from your post.

Just a generic suggestion.

Try Power drain(Remove all power source and press the power button for few seconds.)

If you are able to boot to BIOS, try doing BIOS default. F10 leads to BIOS.

If you are able to boot to safe mdoe, first thing first mate, do a Graphics driver upgrade and also can do BIOS, Chipset, other related drivers, upgrade, or all the drivers can be updated to the latest available once.

If unabe to boot at all.

Try Refixing the Graphic cards, RAM and Cmos and connector(please refer to HP SML(google it) for How to remove and refix hardwares.)

Keep posting the update.

Say "thanks" by clicking the Kudos thumbs up!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
I am an HP Employee .
HP Recommended

Hi Hypnoticat,

Hey how are you and how is the computer doing......

Just wanted to say we are here to help you....

Say "thanks" by clicking the Kudos thumbs up!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
I am an HP Employee .
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.