cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
IMclinic
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Scrteen is rotated 90 degrees on Touchscreen 520

HP Recommended

When I was using control key my screen rotated 90 degrees on a Touchscreen 520 and I cannot recover the normal orientation of the screen in spite of turning the computer off and on.  Also I have not been able to activate the touchscreen aspects of the computer.  The PC is running Windows 7. Thanks for an answer

6 REPLIES 6
lil-liebe
Level 5
216 212 16 77
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try pressing the CTRL + ALT + Left, right, up, or down arrow keys to try to rotate the screen.

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
lil-liebe
Level 5
216 212 16 77
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Another possible solution:

Right click on the desktop and select Screen Resolution from the list.

From the Orientation drop-down, select Landscape, and then click Apply.

That should set your display to the correct orientation, but if it does not, try choosing from the various options (Portrait, Portrait flipped, Landscape flipped) until you get the desired results.

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

IMclinic
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you it is fixed.

lil-liebe
Level 5
216 212 16 77
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am so happy that I was able to help you. If it's not too much trouble, could you please click the Accept as Solution button on the reply that solved the problem? Doing so  makes it easier for other people to find solutions:

KudosAcceptAsSolution.jpg

~Lil.Liebe

Ray1133
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I rotate the screen back to its normal orientation?

I put a book on my keyboard and the screen rotated 90 degrees ccounterclockwise.

lil-liebe
Level 5
216 212 16 77
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maybe the weight of the book coincidently turned the screen orientation. Try pressing CTRL + ALT + the up arrow. See if that sets things right.

If that doesn't work, try right clicking on your desktop (this will still work even with your screen turned sideways, but it may feel weird). Select Screen Resolution from the list. On the Screen Resolution screen, click the down-arrow beside Orientation and select Landscape. C lick Apply.  On the Display Settings pop-up, click the Keep Changes button. 

Hope these solutions work! I turned my screen sideways, and found that mousing became really confusing! It took a really long time to select from the drop-down or click buttons, because I was moving my mouse pointer in the wrong directions. It took patience, but both solutions above worked.

~Lil.Liebe

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation