cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HDDRage Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Secure Boot Configuration Button Missing (3f0 error)

Pavillion p7-1234
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
So today I went to use my computer when all of a sudden I got a message giving me the 3f0 error. I ran a diagnostics test and it said it could not detect the hard drive. I decided to open the pc ( p7-1234) and make all the wires were plugged in (which they were) then tried again. It didn't work so I did some research.

I found a bunch of post on forums about people saying open up you secure boot configuration menu and enable legacy bios. The only problem is I don't have that option under the security tab or anywhere to be honest. Can any one tell me what to do now?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Austinurbanski Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem if you have found a solution yet please let me know thanks
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,219 6,895 449 842
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @HDDRage,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that you are a getting a 3F0 "Boot device not found" error on start up.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

The first quick thing to try is check whether the hard drive is getting power.  You can, with the power off, disconnect any cables going to the hard drive and then plug them back in, just in case there was a loose or bad contact. Also disconnect the other end of the cable going to the mother board and plug it back into its socket for the same reason. I realize you mentioned checking the cables, but just in case try what I suggest if you did not completely unplug them all first.  Once you are done, and the cables are all reconnected, then power the system back on with side panel still off so you can watch and better listen for signs of hard drive activity. If the system comes up, it was likely just an intermittent connection. If the drive spins up but still comes up with the same error, there may be a problem with the cable connecting it to the motherboard, or the motherboard itself or the hard drive.

If possible and if there is data on that hard drive you do not want to lose, you are best at this point trying to connect that hard drive to another computer and see if you can access the drive, or you may want to try a computer shop and see if they have any data recovery service available. 

Once you have taken any steps to try to backup any data you can, then check out each of these documents: HP Desktop PCs - Hard Drive Failure Errors: Imminent Failure, Smart, BIOHD, HD535, etc,  HP Notebook PCs - Boot Device Not Found Error or Hard Drive Not Detected

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation