Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8630

I cannot print any of my documents to the 8630 even though a TEST PAGE will print when running HP Print and Scan Doctor.  We have a wireless network in our home that includes two computers (HP desktop and a Dell) and the 8630.  The Dell can successfully submit documents for printing but the HP Desktop can't (even though Scan Doctor prints a test page from the Desktop).  When I look at the network properties of the two computers, the only difference I see is that the HP Desktop doesn't list EVERYONE under Group or User Names and the Dell does.  Not sure if this is the issue or not.  I have tried to uninstall and install the printer driver several times on the HP but EVERYONE doesn't show up on the list and I still can't print a document.  Can someone help?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tedmol7

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand though an alternate computer works fine with the HP 8630, the HP computer doesn't detect it,

To clarify a few details before we proceed, is your computer WiFi working? are you able to access other networks/website?

If you aren't I recommend you follow the steps mentioned on this link to resolve WiFi issues: Click here for details,

If you are able to access other networks and yet the printer isn't recognized, I recommend you start the setting up of the Wifi for the printer from scratch: Click here for information and steps.

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestions.  Here's a couple answers to your questions.  Yes the printer is connected to our household wifi and it seems to work as it should.  I am also able to get onto the internet with my computer (HP TouchSmart 520 PC) with no problems.  I thought things would be better if I networked to the printer with a USB cable and I am able to print a test page but I still cannot print one of my Word or Excel documents nor can I print an article from the internet.  I keep thinking its my settings somewhere but I have no clue where to look.

HP Recommended

@Tedmol7

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If the issue is limited to printing with word or excel, have you attempted to disable the UAC settings and try again? if you haven't please follow the below steps:

1. Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button 
    , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type UAC, and then click Change User Account Control settings.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click OK
       If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click OK
       If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

These steps should resolve the issue with printing using Microsoft word, excel, etc...

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.