cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PF86
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Server 2012 Virtual DC hosted on Physical Hyper-V hangs overnight

HP Recommended
ProLiant DL380p Gen8
Other

I have a DC that is hosted on a physical Hyper-V server, both running Server 2012.  It seems that overnight going into the morning the DC hangs up causing users not to be able to log in.  I was able to remote into the Hyper-V server and look at the console.  There's also an Exchange and SQL server which respond fine.

I could get to the DC login screen but couldn't do anything from there.  Ctrl Alt Del worked on both other servers, but not the DC.  I also couldn't shutdown the DC vm but I could turn it off.  After turning it off it resolved the issues of it being unresponsive.  All services resumed and I was able to log into the DC and things appear normal.  The only errors in the Event Viewer are related to the services stopping.

All servers are hosted on pass through disks, rather than partioned on the Hyper-V physical disks.

Combing through the errors on the Hyper-V server doesn't give too much, aside from around 3am the netlogon errors occurred and 5am these occurred:

Event ID 129 Source HpCISSs3

Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

---------------------------------------------------

Event ID 5008 Source HpCISSs3

On controller (bus 2, device 0, function 0) the OS requested a Reset of LUN (0, 1, 1).

---------------------------------------------------

Event ID 153 Source disk

The IO operation at logical block address 0x158c5a0 for Disk 1 was retried.

I appreciate any help!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation