Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jimmyd18 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Set up Scanning; printing works fine

OfficeJet 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I installed OfficeJet 6830 software with my replacement refurbished printer that HP sent.  Can print but cannot scan.  HP troubleshoot doesn't help

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
74457 74347 9062 19537
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may have to start from your computer first:

Double click printer icon on desktop,
    Select Manage Scan to Computer
    Click Enable -

You can start this automatically with Windows BUT you will get an arror message if you turn on the computer BEFORE the printer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
jimmyd18 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't have the computer icon on my computer any more.  Not sure where it went or how to get it back.

0 Kudos
jimmyd18 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found the icon but it does not have an option to scan to computer.  Everything in the scan section once you click the icon does not link or connect to anything.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation