Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Z240

Feel like an idiot asking this, but I'm setting up a new z240 workstation & monitor. The monitor came with an HDMI cable. It plugs into the monitor securely with ease. I just can't get the other end to plug into the tower.

Am I overlooking something obvious? The plug is in the correct port, connections matching. It just wont click in & I'm afraid of forcing it and damaging the connections.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Rob427,

Maybe the port on your z240 is actually a DisplayPort, not an HDMI port? Compare:

DisplayPort

HDMI port

You can use a DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter if needed.

Good luck!

Frank

HP Recommended

Thanks Frank.

That is the exact issue. HP shipped the monitor with an HDMI cable, Nothing for displayport.  From what I found in PDA files on online, there should have been a VGA cable as well.

I'm very surprised that after I worked with an HP sales rep to purchase this monitor & tower, that HP would ship it without any way to connect the two.

I spent some time emailing & talking on the phone until they agreed to send an adapter without additional charges.

HP Recommended

Glad you got it sorted.

And kudos for not trying to force a connector where it didn't want to go!

I keep learning that additional force is rarely the answer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.