cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
28 21 1 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Shadowing t5550's

Thin Client
Microsoft Windows XP

Hi

I have set up HPDM and can shadow our new T420 thin clients but when I try to shadow one of our many older T5550's I get an error

Error Detail : Set VNC password failure

I noticed when enabling VNC on on of these clients that it needed a password put in, but cant find anywhere in 

device manager to set the password to connect to them

Any ideas here

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
144 143 14 34
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Shadowing t5550's

To apply a VNC password to the unit: Right-Click a unit - Send Task - Settings - _Apply Settings - Edit - VNC Settings - Enter Password
I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HP.
**Click the Thumps Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
28 21 1 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Shadowing t5550's

Ok thanks. I tried this and it seemed to set the password on the unit but still getting the same error . Have restarted the unit after sending the settings but still no go

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
28 21 1 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Shadowing t5550's

Anyone? 

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
28 21 1 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Shadowing t5550's

Its ok, I can just fire up VNC client and connect to them via ip

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation