Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DScottinto Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Short DST check failed

Envy23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows fails to boot so did a restore which ended at at black screen saying "Preparing".  Ran system test through F2 and got failure of Short DST Check with Failure ID: U084RA-000860-9XMNXF-60QB03. On Hard Drive 1.

Where can I go from here?  I have a back of my data on an external Seagate USB drive.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
216 18 34
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Short DST check failed

Hi,

It seems that the hard drive of the computer is faulty and need to be replaced, please contact HP tech support to get the hard drive replaced ( if under warranty ) or contact HP sales on 800 227 8164 to purchase one.

Regards
SATISHP4

Click " Thumb's up " if the question is answered.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation