cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Aussupport01
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Shutdown PC wakes up

HP Recommended

HI All,

My New PC restart after  5-10 mints message saying "Start PXE over IPV4"  After i shutdown the PC.

As

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,732 6,716 634 1,514
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Aussuport01

Your brand new PC reboots within five minutes after loading Windows and then restarts showing a network (Start PXE over IPV4) boot message?

Or does your PC show the Start PXE message when you do a cold start?

Your PC's BIOS is having a problem communicating with the HDD.

I suggest you contact HP Support or return the PC for a refund.

Grzy

0 Kudos
Aussupport01
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI,

Once i shutdown the PC and walk away then come to the room,  it is started.  So it is starting after 5-10 mins after i shutdown.

I'll change the boot order and see.

As

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,732 6,716 634 1,514
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Aussuport01

Your PC is restarting after you shut it off?

Please explain how you do a complete shutdown.

Your PC should not restart when doing a shutdown. 

A PXE message at start or reboot means the system can't find a local disk and then looks for a network boot source.

Grzy

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation