cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dsimmonssr1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Signing into my local account

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1446s
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

I have forgot my local account password, is there any way to reset the password without jumping through hops.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,967
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dsimmonssr1

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you need to sign into your windows XP user account as the password isn't within your memories banks at the moment 😉

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you know WinXP isn't supported by Microsoft anymore as it's obsolete?

(The reason I'm asking is because as an HP employee I can only provide you with the basic support out of courtesy)

That said, Have you checked any related HP Forum posts to resolve your concern?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps. 

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Dsimmonssr1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It has windows 10 on it

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,967
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dsimmonssr1

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I believe you had mentioned WinXP on your first post,

nevertheless, If it's the win10, you'll need to reply with whether it's a local administrator account or an online Microsoft account.

Click here for more details.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation