cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Vindicator33 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SimpleSave External Hard Drive causes boot hang

HP Compaq 8100 Elite
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an HP Compaq 8100 Elite desktop and an HP SimpleSave sd320a external hard drive.  I had been using the EHD with another non-HP PC and never had this problem.  Today I deleted the old backup files from the other pc, plugged the EHD into the HP PC, configured everything, ran the initial backup, etc. and everything was fine.

Now, though, if I leave the EHD plugged in to the PC, the PC hangs on boot-up.  I have gone into the boot order menu and put USB last, and that didn't work.  Next I disabled USB entirely and that still didn't work.  When I unplug the EHD, the PC boots up fine.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation