Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ConfederateLady Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, Fox News won't download and shows www.foxnews.com/error.

My Windows 7 recently upgraded Internet Explorer to 9. As a result, the home page (fox news) won't load correctly. Using the compatibility icon doesn't have any effect on it. Fox News loads correctly on my other computer which has an older version of IE. I've also noticed that some videos and pictures won't show. I get a black box for the video, and the square with a red X in it for pictures. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
49240 9764 16623
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since upgrading to Internet Explorer 9, Fox News won't download and shows www.foxnews.com/error.

Hi,

Check is the following if you are using IE9.

Open windows Control Panel, open Internet Options and click the Advanced Tab.  Under Accelerated Graphics, make sure there is not a tick against 'Use software Rendering instead of GPU Rendering'.  If there is, remove the tick and then click Apply to save the change.  Restart IE.

If the above doesn't help ( or doesn't apply ), download the latest installer for Flash Player and save it to your Desktop.  Next, close all browsers, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features and uninstall Flash Player if it is showing here.  When done, restart the PC.  Now double click the installer on your Desktop to reinstall Flash Player.

Another option is to download and install Firefox as a temporary measure, as the latest version of Adobe Flash seems to work OK with this - you may need to run the Flash installer again after installing Firefox.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
87 3 3
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

An earlier forum comment said that Internet Explorer x64 did not have support for Adobe Flash Player. Therefore one might use the 32 bit version since both come with Windows 7.

Maybe this is the problem with IE9?

I keep getting the message to upgrade to IE9 and plan on doing. But I was wondering, do both the 32 & 64 bit versions of IE8 get upgraded to IE9? Or just the 64 version?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
20470 2248 7486
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BNSFMike,

I was using IE 9, but couldn't get Adobe Flash Player to work with my 64-bit system. So, I am using another browser until there is an update.
-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen 880-160se; i7-8700K; 16 GB DDR4 2400; GTX 1070-8 GB; 512 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Teacher
87 3 3
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

old_geekster,

I usually use Firefox, but like to have IE handy.

Did you try Adobe Flash Player with the 32 bit version of IE9?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation