Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Elite 595
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi Folks, i am sorry to ask what might for some of you seem a trivial question, but i have recently had to re-install Windows 7 pro, with the help of Microsoft, who were pretty good, but i am now left  without the choice of 'SLEEP mode' . i have tried amending Power Options without any change. I operate a desktop so am led to believe that  i can aslo have 'sleep hibernate' but when setting power Options both Sleep and Hibernate are greyed out.

Would some kind person please guide me thru this maize to a suitable outcome.

Regards from David in Guildford

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi dsc8w

This issue is usually caused on a clean operating system install because you need to install current drivers such as:

Intel MEI

Graphics

Chipset

SATA

Network

Audio

Wifi

Bluetooth

Also all Windows updates need to be installed.

Grzy

HP Recommended

thanks for your help but i have already done this.

HP Recommended

Hi

You are welcome.

Kudos for doing the work that needs to be done.

I have no idea what is causing this?? The PC should work correctly having current updates and drivers.

Grzy

HP Recommended

A little birdie says i might have to alter the registry entry, does this sound feasable

HP Recommended

Hi dsc8w

Anything is possible.

I have never had to do registry mods to get sleep/hibernate working.

Have seen greyed out options in Power Management to configure sleep but this was caused by, mostly, not having the current Nvidia, AMD, or Intel graphics driver installed.

Did you check Device Manager power management settings for devices which could prevent sleep/hibernate?

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.