cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dsc8w
Level 3
65 33 0 2
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Sleep mode now inactive

HP Recommended
Pavilion Elite 595
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi Folks, i am sorry to ask what might for some of you seem a trivial question, but i have recently had to re-install Windows 7 pro, with the help of Microsoft, who were pretty good, but i am now left  without the choice of 'SLEEP mode' . i have tried amending Power Options without any change. I operate a desktop so am led to believe that  i can aslo have 'sleep hibernate' but when setting power Options both Sleep and Hibernate are greyed out.

Would some kind person please guide me thru this maize to a suitable outcome.

Regards from David in Guildford

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,732 6,716 634 1,514
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi dsc8w

This issue is usually caused on a clean operating system install because you need to install current drivers such as:

Intel MEI

Graphics

Chipset

SATA

Network

Audio

Wifi

Bluetooth

Also all Windows updates need to be installed.

Grzy

0 Kudos
dsc8w
Author
Level 3
65 33 0 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for your help but i have already done this.

Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,732 6,716 634 1,514
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You are welcome.

Kudos for doing the work that needs to be done.

I have no idea what is causing this?? The PC should work correctly having current updates and drivers.

Grzy

0 Kudos
dsc8w
Author
Level 3
65 33 0 2
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A little birdie says i might have to alter the registry entry, does this sound feasable

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,732 6,716 634 1,514
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi dsc8w

Anything is possible.

I have never had to do registry mods to get sleep/hibernate working.

Have seen greyed out options in Power Management to configure sleep but this was caused by, mostly, not having the current Nvidia, AMD, or Intel graphics driver installed.

Did you check Device Manager power management settings for devices which could prevent sleep/hibernate?

Grzy

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation