Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP z series displays

I am trying to upgrade my monitors. I have tried both the HP z25n and the HP z24n, and have the same issue.

After a period of inactivity, the power setting puts the display in sleep mode. Perfect, that's what it's supposed to do.

Here's where the problem begins.  After a short period, I'm not really sure if it's 5 minutes of sleep or 15 minutes of sleep, but definitely less than 30 minutes of sleep, the monitors will not wake up upon moving the mouse or pressing an arrow or Esc key on the keyboard.

This problem first occurred while connected to an HP Z2 mini G3 running Win 10 Pro (happy Anniversary update).

I then connected the monitors to an HP Elitebook 8570w running Win 7 Pro SP1.

Same deal, no wakey-wakey.

IN ADDITION, if I try and use the power button to turn the display off when I know I will not be using for a period of time, the monitor will not detect any signal after powering back on, regardless of mouse/keyboard movement before or after powering on.

The only way I can revive the display is to disconnect from the computer for a few minutes, and then reconnect. That is so 1965.

About all HP has done to support this over the past two weeks is ask me again and again if I have tried to connect the monitor to a different computer. If that is not abundantly clear, please someone tell me how to rewrite the above so it is clear that i have connected every monitor to two different computers.

The drivers are up to date.

Also, the power setting is to never let the computer sleep, never hibernate. The display is the only item that should sleep after inactivity.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.