Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Message 1 of 2 (794 Views)

Slideshow in Photo TouchSmart Screen

Ok, I've made a slideshow I like in the Photo section of the TouchSmart "Home" screen but I can't do anything with it. How do I email it to friends and family? There are no FUNCTIONS! Can I upload it to any video/photo sites like Photobucket, YouTube, TwitPic, TweetPhoto, yFrog....what good is making slideshows if you can't do anything with them beyond play them on your own screen!

0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 2 (674 Views)

Re: Slideshow in Photo TouchSmart Screen

To add to your valid comment, what good is a slideshow that may be incompatible with Windows Media Player (WMP). I created a slideshow with sound, and when I opened it, the sound would not play in WMP. Also, I haven't figured a way to import it into PowerPoint 2007.

Microsoft tries to do a reasonable job defining the standards, that other big companies such as HP, thumb their noses at.

Instead of using 'yet another application' to create a slideshow, you would probably be better off creating one from scratch using a standard application such as PowerPoint (or the Open Office equivalent).

In theory, once you create your slideshow, you have a file that you should be able to share or post. I found mine in HP(CSmiley Happy>Users>TouchScreen>My Pictures>Playlists.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation