cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tizzy
Level 3
67 25 1 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Slimline s3320F wakes everyday at 9:00

My desktop computer wakes everyday at 9 AM and I can't figure out how to stop that. When I try the powercfg command, it doesn't say what woke my computer. I looked through all of the Task Scheduler entries and didn't find one that was enabled to wake the computer. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 20
Level 20
109,730 99,907 15,593 23,961
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi:

See if there is a BIOS setting to power on your PC every day at 09:00.

On my HP 8200 elite, there is under the power options.

I can elect to turn my PC on at any time on any day I want.

If there is, just disable that setting like I did.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
tizzy
Level 3
67 25 1 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for your input. I checked my BIOS and there was nothing in there about wakeup; however, I have found the solution for my problem: it was under the "power management" tab for my ethernet network card (in Device Manager). Oddly enough, even though "allow to wake my computer" was not selected, when I selected that and checked the box under it saying  "only management stations .....", the problem went away. Apparently another one of those Microsoft ideosyncracies.

0 Kudos
Level 20
Level 20
109,730 99,907 15,593 23,961
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're very welcome.

Glad you found the solution to that annoying problem.

Might have been nice if it was a coffee-maker but not for a PC.  :generic:

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation