cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
POPjr
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Slow new desktop

HP Recommended
HP 110 desktop
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I recently purchased a HP 110 Desktop series. I had someone transfer the data from my old HP to my new. Most of the things are ok but I keep getting messages that there are add-ons and other things that are causing my computer to run slow. Most of the programs listed are not enabled. The computer came with a short subscription for McAffee but I did not activtivate it. I have a anti-virus program. Now, I get to a website quick, but the longer I try to navagate through the site the slower it gets. Messages at the bottom saying "site not responding" and "reload current page". It takes minutes to get from page to page. I am not the "brightest lite" on the tree so any help would be appreciated.

POPjr

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
MechPilot
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 359 764
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @POPjr,

I have read your post on how your desktop computer is performing in a slow manner, and I would be happy to assist you!

To improve the speed and efficiency of your desktop's operating system, I recommend following the steps in this document on Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 😎

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
POPjr
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
MechPilot, Thank-you for your help. I watched the video and did not see my problem in there. I do not get that error message. The site loads, but kind of freezes during the navigation. The only Real site I was having problems with was with EBAY. I could get into the site quickly, but I could not buy anything. I called EBay support and explained my problem to her. She took some time and came back and told me she was able to do a transaction on IE and Google Chrome. She had me switch to Google, signed into Ebay, and FLEW through a transaction. Went back to IE and was able to carry out the same transaction, but not near as fast. She said to check IE to see if they have any issues. Thanks again for your caring. POPjr
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation