cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BillKuhfuss Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution Center Disk

Frequently when starting up my HP Pavilion a1102n with Windows XP I get the following request from the Solution Center: "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD_ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the Solution Center disk and click OK." I do not have the disk this message is asking for. How do I solve this problem?
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Provost Provost
Provost
24,516 20,947 2,387 7,951
Message 2 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution Center Disk

Bill, do you have a HP printer?  If so, install the disk that came with it.  If misery likes company, you should be fine.  Many people are having the same problem.  Most mention HP printers as the cause for the message.  Also, if you don't use the Solution Center, go into the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and uninstall it.
-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE motherboard; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution Center Disk

I had the same problem with the Solution Center Message appearing.  After numerous efforts to fix it---------- I removed it from the Add/Remove Programs----Finally I have RESOLUTION.  Thanks so much!
0 Kudos
CaptainWingnut Top Student
Top Student
5 5 0 2
Message 4 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution Center Disk

The problem I've found is that HP's "Solution Center" software is looking for a specific version of Adobe Flash (this is replete all over the HP forums).

When Adobe sends your computer a Flash update, let's say to version 10x, Solution Center can become out of sync because it's looking for an older version like 9x.

When Solution Center can't find the old flash version it's looking for, it starts its installer to fix the issue and you get the message:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available"

"Insert the 'SolutionCenter' disk and click OK."

If you figured out that you can insert your STARTUP cd that came with your printer and drill to the SolutionCenter folder and run SolutionCenter.msi you probably get an error telling you that the version you are installing is older than the current version installed.

This is because the SolutionCenter installer is trying to install a now "Older" version of Flash!!!

What you need is the latest version of Solution Center but for many that is as illusive as a Leprechaun at Christmas.

Here's the latest V.12 Solution Center update...

While this link is in the OfficeJet 6500 software download section, it has worked for ALL of our computers running XP and Vista with a variety of HP printers.

HP seems a little behind;

1.Updating Solution Center to look at the registry for the current version of flash, versus looking for a specific version which can be come obsolete!!!

2. In just getting this update into ALL of the printers downloadable sections!!!

If this link goes DRY like so many others have on this site, just search different printers and look under 'Software & Driver Downloads' for "Solution Center Update" software.

Since it's difficult to tell what version of Solution Center you may actually have you can fix the issue this way.

Check your FLASH .ocx version (usually found in c:\windows\system32\Macromed\flash for 32bit windows  and c:\windows\sysWOW64\Macromed\flash for 64bit windows). Make sure the Solution Center update version number is HIGHER than the .ocx version of your flash.

Hope this helps everyone.

myleen Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 5 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution Center Disk

Just wanted to add an update since these are over a year old.  I have a j4580 all in HP printer and was getting the message looking for the non-existing disk.  I followed the link below and decided to try looking for the download under my model, and it was there.  I was able to download, install and have not gotten the "error" message again.  So, my suggestion is to look at your specific model's downloads, just to avoid any possible issues using a different model.

Maybe HP has picked up the ball and included this download on all the models.  Next thing they should do, is to take possession of the error and at least let people know that it is a HP disk issue, not your computer!  Would have saved me alot of angst since I am definitely not a computer geek.

Szuzie Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution Center Disk

"Myleen" I have this problem, but do not see a link below.  I didn't get a disk with my printer (Photosmart Premium c309g).  I have tried deleting Solution Center, but that did not work.  I use the Solution Center to use my scanner on the computer as the printer does not like Windows 7 (even tho the printer is fairly new).   If somebody has the link, I would appreciate it.  Maybe I am not seeing the whole thread 🙂

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
41,441 38,140 3,339 14,003
Message 7 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution Center Disk

@Szuzie

Your printer should have come with a cd, have you checked the box? You can always download the software from the c309g page at HP>>under drivers>>"Full Feature Software and Drivers":

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3793676&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&task=&lang=en&cc=us

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Szuzie Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 8 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution Center Disk

Thank you Cheryl, but I did not find a CD.  I'll have to search.  I did, however,uninstall and install the printer drivers  from the HP support site earlier.  I learned how to get rid of the "Tray/App" problem, but the Solutions Center will still not open.  I only used it to scan and now that I have reinstalled the printer software, I am able to again scan with windows live photo gallery.   My printer is wireless and for some reason it does not scan directly to the computer.  But that's another days issue 🙂  I would just be interested if anyone solves the  "Parsing error."

0 Kudos
biggerthan Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution Center Disk

So tired of these messages which I have no control of: Window Center Disk and USB Device not Recognized!!! What?!  Have tired everything ..I don't even know what a window disk is much less what or where the USB belongs...Will continue trying to fix, hopfully eventually they'll, messages, go away...::smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
YoungStunna Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution Center Disk

I FINALLY GOT THE MESSAGES TO STOP SHOWING UP! All I had to do is start uninstalling some hp software, printer, solution center, etc. I just uninstalled hp software until the error stopped showing up. I've seen so many different solutions but this is the only one that worked for me

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation