Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bross57 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution to blue screen of death when log off or switch user with Vista 64 on HP Pavilion 6600

I had a problem when I would log off or switch user.  The computer would show the blue screen of death and restart  (not a problem to shutdown directly or to log off in safe mode).  Error code was system service exception stop 0x0000003b, but as I am not a very technically competent user, this did not lead directly to a solution.  Researching the error code and symptoms on-line suggested the NVIDIA graphics driver might be at fault and trying to install a new version in the normal mode cause the blue screen as well (could be done in safe mode).  However after installing the new driver or the default VGA driver, I still had the same problem.  After failing to find a solution after many hours with on-line service chats with HP and Microsoft, I looked at the events viewer and it mentioned something about a mirror driver causing some overflow of data capacity.  In the device manager under display adapters, I noticed that there are two drivers, the expected NVIDIA driver and the "HP RC Mirror Driver" (as I had mentioned to the HP service advisor who said that was normal).  The word mirror stuck out based on the events viewer.  After disabling that, I no longer have the problem.  I don't know what that driver did or what problems if any will be created by disabling it.  For the moment everything is working normally.
9 REPLIES
bellcoup Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution to blue screen of death when log off or switch user with Vista 64 on HP Pavilion 6600

I had the same problem on HP s3700f,running Vista Home Premium 32. I used your solution and it worked. HP chat support told me the HP RC mirror driver was added to the system by HP automatic update. and it is safe to disable it. Looks like HP Software has a bug to fix.

Thanks for your post. I had been chasing the same problem and HP Support had no fix except total system recovery. Maybe the next user with this problem will get a quick fix now.

0 Kudos
chicagocpa Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help!  Many hours with HP and 5 minutes more for your fix.  When I think that you found this solution by looking at your DISPLAY ADAPTERS - whata bunch of ...
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
101 3 19
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is a normal driver that gets installed when someone from HP takes remote control of your computer.  It should uninstall on reboot. If it does not, it can be uninstalled.
Caveat: I will try to help... I don't know everything...but I try my hardest!!!

Please give kudos if I helped, and mark it as solved if I fixed you...or your problem...:D
0 Kudos
bross57 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.  I think that explains what happened.  The HP mirror driver was probably installed when I was trying to solve another unrelated problem (not recognizing the DVD drive) and HP support did use remote control to correct that problem. I did not notice that the mirror driver was not there before and HP said that the mirror driver was normal. The driver did not uninstall after rebooting, but now I know I can remove it if I choose.  Disabling it did work and I have not had the blue screen of death since doing that several months ago.  I wonder if the other users with this problem also had remote service from HP first.
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
101 3 19
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Indubitably. it is unique to that, though it is modified from the VNC mirror driver.
Caveat: I will try to help... I don't know everything...but I try my hardest!!!

Please give kudos if I helped, and mark it as solved if I fixed you...or your problem...:D
0 Kudos
budtow Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also had a problem with the mirror driver on my hp 9357c. I am using a video editing progam and it would not see the video card and gave me greif by saying the video card was not compatible. Believeing that I needed a bigger video card I put a 512mb PCIE in the computer. This still didn't solve the problem.

The HP mirror driver seems to be acting as a video card. I then uninstalled the mirror driver and everything worked as expected. You can uninstall this from the Control Panel, go to devices, and then go to display adaptors. You will see the mirror driver and then uninstall it from there.

Reboot!

This is a program that HP support puts on the computer so they can see your computer and help you. It has little or nothing to do with the function of your computer on a daily basis.

Hope this helps

HP 9357c computer

0 Kudos
Armaghan Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear I have blue screen problem using hp pavilion dv 4t with folloing error codes

Problem Event Name:                          BlueScreen

OS Version:                                          6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode:                                               124

BCP1:                                                    00000000

BCP2:                                                    85F7A024

BCP3:                                                    F2000040

BCP4:                                                    00000800

OS Version:                                          6_1_7600

Service Pack:                                       0_0

Product:                                               256_1

0 Kudos
Armaghan Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have blue screen problem with my hp pavilion entertainment PC with the follwing error code or at times I recive a mesage that "wireless module no 701 is not working properly and error code is

Problem Event Name:                          BlueScreen

OS Version:                                          6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode:                                               124

BCP1:                                                    00000000

BCP2:                                                    85F7A024

BCP3:                                                    F2000040

BCP4:                                                    00000800

OS Version:                                          6_1_7600

Service Pack:                                       0_0

Product:                                               256_1

0 Kudos
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
879 37 103
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is a link to a previous post on this HP forum.  It looks like good information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home/Wireless-Module-not-found-701/td-p/350938

I hope this helps,

GeorgeFN

GeorgeFN
I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation