Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 11 (7,932 Views)

Solve a problem with AMD-Display Adapter-ATI Radeon GRaphics Card

I was watching video while multitasking then suddenly my screen turned black.  Then windows said it has successfully recovered from crash.  After that I have these message on my computer and when I clicked on it, It says, "This solution could not be downloaded , make sure your computer is connected to the Internet and then try to download the solution again later.  

I looked on drivers solution at hp.com but haven't got any answer yet to this issue.  Any help please?

Retired
Message 2 of 11 (7,882 Views)

Re: Solve a problem with AMD-Display Adapter-ATI Radeon GRaphics Card

Hello joyce108,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that after recovering from a system crash you received the error message "This solution could not be downloaded , make sure your computer is connected to the Internet and then try to download the solution again later.". I would suggest you follow the instructions below to see if we can resolve this issue:

Step 1. Open a Command Prompt in Admin Mode by right-clicking on the Command Prompt and selecting "Run as Administrator"

Step 2. Type "SFC /SCANNOW" and hit enter

Step 3. When the System File Checker is done restart your computer.

Please re-post if you require additional support. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Top Student
Message 3 of 11 (7,777 Views)

[ Edited ]

I tried this suggestion and it didn't help.

I strongly suggest that there's a missing file on the server or an error in the URL we're looking for.

==========================

Source
Windows

Summary
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
‎3/‎14/‎2014 10:04 PM

Status
Report sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID:    1033

Extra information about the problem
BCCode:    116
BCP1:    FFFFFA800AA32010
BCP2:    FFFFF88004CBAE5C
BCP3:    0000000000000000
BCP4:    0000000000000002
OS Version:    6_1_7601
Service Pack:    1_0
Product:    768_1
Bucket ID:    X64_0x116_TdrBCR:2_Tdr:2_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys
Server information:    8fcd9971-a5c1-470e-a0fc-010dd9693e9a

Retired
Message 4 of 11 (7,762 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello b_borden,

I understand you are getting the same error and believe it is a missing file. The error is directly related to your graphics driver so that is a possiblity. I have seen several instances of this error and I would be happy to assist you, but first I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well, if you could indicate which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number I can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Top Student
Message 5 of 11 (7,758 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have windows 7 64 bit, that I upgraded to windows 7 pro 64 bit Service Pack1 . Mode number HPE_500y, SN: [edited Serial Number by Moderator], PN: BV536AA#ABA.  Thank you and I appreciate the early response on this.  

Retired
Message 6 of 11 (7,753 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello again joyce108,

Thank you for the updated information your product. I would advise you to follow the steps I have set out below:

Step 1. Download to your desktop the Original ATI Graphics Driver

Step 2. Download to your desktop the Original ATI Unified Graphics Driver

Step 3. Click on Start

Step 4. Click on Control Panel

Step 5. Click on Device Manager

Step 6. Click on Display Adapters

Step 7. Right-click on your ATI Graphics card and select Uninstall

*** Ensure you delete the driver when given the option

Step 8. Install the Original ATI Graphics Driver that you downloaded to your desktop

Step 9. Install the Original ATI Unified Graphics Driver

Step 10. Use the HP Support document: Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 7) to ensure that your drivers are then updated to the newest drivers available.

Please re-post if you still require additional support. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a wonderful day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Retired
Message 7 of 11 (7,748 Views)

Hi @joyce108 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums.I needed to edit your post and remove the Serial Number. In accordance with our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
Top Student
Message 8 of 11 (7,733 Views)

Hi again, 

I tried the steps that you posted.  After trying to install and accepting the agreement, it looks like it is installing sp 51358 and sp 51632 but I am getting a pop up message "Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update.  Update has been cancelled (9996).

I have to do system restore since I uninstall the driver which is part of the steps before installing what you asked me to download. 

I appreciate all the help, but unfortunately this didn't solve my issue at all.

Top Student
Message 9 of 11 (7,732 Views)

HI George-P,

Thank you for deleting the SN.  I appreciate your concern about my privacy.  Smiley Happy

Retired
Message 10 of 11 (7,717 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello again joyce108,

Thank you for the update on the steps I had you try. Seeing as those were the original drivers that came with your computer and they did not work I am going to have you do a backup and recovery of your system. This will eliminate anything that could be causing the issue if it is software related.

First, we need to ensure that your system is backed up properly. To do this I would like to direct your attention to the HP Support document: Backing Up Your Files (Windows 7), which will walk you through the backing up of your personal files.

***WARNING!! If you want to keep any emails or bookmarks/favorites you will want to back those up as well as I do not believe they are backed up in the HP Backup process.

Next, we are going to do a recovery on your computer. To do this please follow the steps set out in the HP Support document: Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 7). This will bring your computer back to the condition that it was in when it left the factory.

*** IMPORTANT - Your personal files such as libraries, personalization settings, user accounts, and desktop themes are permanently removed. As well the computer settings are returned to the defaults (the way it was when it came from the factory). All apps and software that were installed on the computer when it came from the factory are reinstalled, and their settings are reset to the defaults. Additionally, software, apps, programs, and everything that you have installed or saved on the computer are permanently removed.

As the issue you have been experiencing was not present when you first got the computer this will ensure that the issue if it software is now resolved. Please ensure that all Windows Updates and HP Updates are installed to secure your computer.

If however you re-experience the issue then the issue you have appears to be a physical issue and I think it would be best if you contact HP Technical Support for repair options.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation