Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Solved

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Berndy wrote:

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a Z440 workstation with integrated Quadro K2200 GPU and now wanted to ask, whether it is possible to install an additional NVIDIA TITAN X alongside the graphics card. The power supply of the system has 700W. Is it possible to use both cards (no SLI) or are there limitations with respect to the cooling system, case, power supply, or system board?

Best regards,

Bernd

On a power supply level you would be fine. Cooling wise, it would be good to have the front chassis / PCIe cooling fan if you do not have this already, since this provides the GPU's with additional air flow.

I don't think you would benefit at all from keeping the K2200 in the system though. Also not sure how the Nvidia GTX and Quadro drivers would coexist on the same system - perhaps someone with more experience in the matter may comment in this regard.

HP Recommended

I recently bought a Z440 workstation with integrated Quadro K2200 GPU

The graphics card in your machine is not an integrated card so there is no problem to remove it and replace it with a new card. 🙂

For my needs i would have removed the Quadro card and replaced it with the Titan X card. If you do need a Quadro card for the software you use i am not really sure if those two card can co-exist or not. If my memory serves me well it´s not possible to mix a Quadro with a GTX card. As have been pointed out there will most likely be a driver issue.

Maybe some one from HP can chime in!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your comments! My reasoning for keeping both cards is that I will need to perform scientific computations and for that the K2200 still allows me to run experiments in parallel even though it will work slower.

As an addition to my original question, could I use the Quadro M5000 (instead of the TITAN X) as an extra card to avoid driver issues with GTX GPUs?

HP Recommended

As an addition to my original question, could I use the Quadro M5000 (instead of the TITAN X) as an extra card to avoid driver issues with GTX GPUs?

Yes, you can use the Quadro M5000.

EDIT:

You should also consider the Quadro P5000 instead of the M5000 since the P5000 is based on the Pascal architecture. 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.