cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 21 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From power off state:

1. Press button to turn on power

2. Immediately press and HOLD the function key to go into setup (on my HP desktop, it is F10)

3. When the message comes up about the fan, quickly let go of F10, click F2, and immediately hold F10 down again

Good luck

This actually works on my Pavilion a6528p, which is also displaying a CPU fan fail message. Using any other key sequence, I can't get into the BIOS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 22 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On my Pavillion MS225 the F10 key is used to enter BIOS.  In thirty years of using computers I have never seen that before but it is true.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 23 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try:

ESC and then F10

Worked for me on HP 650, just bought it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 24 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey i have the same problem.. with HP PAVILION P6040in..........i want to overclock my processor (intel core2duo E7400)using BIOS ..............but there is no option for BIOS ...my BIOS vresion is 2.5.......only there is an option for entering setup................i am really pissed off please help me :Crying:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 25 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 635 is mine and I am trying to check the version to see if it needs updating...my windows 8.1 is running choppy and browsing is slw and laggy and typing is lagging as well...UGH!!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 26 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hey boys! ESC Key worked like a charm, thanks nazcar4u. I recommend others try this first. Take care. Wassalam
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 27 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my question is if you unplug the keyboard how do you push the f1 key  that makes no sense at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 28 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

if you unplug the keyboard then turn it back on how do you push the f1 key  that makes no sense at all!! go back to computer school!!!!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation