Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 9 (2,893 Views)

Sound not working Touchsmart 600

Sound not working on touchsmart 600. I shut down the computer ,went on vacation and when I return the internal speakers staticed and the sound faded  away. Anything I play has NO sound. I went through all the helps but it does the same thing every time. Oh and the volume keys do not control static.

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 9 (2,884 Views)

Re: Sound not working Touchsmart 600

Hello: Have you tried hooking up external speakers or head phones to see if it is a software issue or iff your speaker went bad in the computer? Did you run a diagnostic using HP Support Assistant ? What did that tell you? If it a software or drive issue run a check disc. Check disk will automatically fix drivers and software issues.

Top Student
Message 3 of 9 (2,882 Views)

I had tried head phones with the same res showed no problemslt.I did run a diagnostic and it showed no problems.I will run a disc check.One other thing when I do play audio the meter in the slider  jumps up and down like audio is playing. I dont know if that makes any differance but, anyway. Im thinking it might be a hardware issue? Thanks for helping.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 9 (2,850 Views)

did you ever find a solution to your problem.

I have the same thing happeing to me and it's driving me crazy.

Top Student
Message 5 of 9 (2,846 Views)

Nope. Spent two nights with support, reformatted and all. Its on its way to HP. 

Honor Student
Message 6 of 9 (2,805 Views)

Any word back from HP? I feel like throwing my through the window.

Is your computer still under warranty?

I have to do something with mine but i have a feeling office max is going to be expensive.

Top Student
Message 7 of 9 (2,793 Views)

It was under warranty . They ended up replacing the motherboard. I just got it back and now it won't even start. Arrgh.
Honor Student
Message 8 of 9 (2,773 Views)

That sucks... I just paid $25 for a usb sound card and everything works fine now. That was after spending 3hrs and $49.99 with HP support only for them to tell me it was a hardware problem and try to sell me a new computer.

I'm definately glad i bout the usb sound card.

Top Student
Message 9 of 9 (2,770 Views)

I wish I'd taken your route. I've called support twice now it's went to voice mail twice now,with no one returning call. Arghh So frustrated.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation