Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 1 (767 Views)

Sound randomly stops working in Windows 8

I have a new HP PC and the sound randomly stops working.  When the sound stops, it stops in all applications:  iTunes, Web Browser, etc.

PC DETAILS:

HP Omni 27 all-in-one desktop

Windows 8 Pro

In Device Manager, under Sound, this is what I have:

- AVerMedia H334 MiniCard Hybrid ATSC/QAM

- Bluetooth Audio Device

- IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

I just set up this new pc this week and I have run all the windows  and drivers updates so everything is up to date.

When I boot up the pc, the sound works fine for a while and then randomly stops working.  For example, if I play music in iTunes 11, the latest version, it may play for 1 minute or it may play for 10 minutes and then it just randomly stops playing sound and the sound will not come back until I reboot and the same thing happens all over again.

I have searched this online and I found quite a few people posting similar sound issues with Windows 8, but I have not found a fix for this problem yet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation