Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have been using an bluetooth Edifier e3350 sound system on this desktop Hp PC Model 24-g099na for the past few years. It started sound break up mid iTunes and Netflix. Everything appears to be normal with both systems. I am tearing my hair out on what to do next. Router etc, PC wireless, bluetooth all OK. Am wondering if it now could be a lose connection in the blue cable from modem to phone line???? Can anyone help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@CeCe4

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I recommend you refresh the OS using the Push button reset: Click here for instructions,

If the issue persists, you could run an extensive system test to identify and resolve the issue accordingly:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen. The test can take 2 or more hours to complete.

NOTE:

If the diagnostics are not available when using the F2 menu, run the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics from a USB drive. To download the latest version of the diagnostics, go to the HP Hardware Diagnostics website. For instructions, see Testing from an external USB device.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@CeCe4

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you have a sound system problem,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check with an alternate sound system or speaker to check if that works fine? 

Have you reinstalled the audio drivers or updated the BIOS?

If you haven't, please Click here to find and install relevant drivers.

Meanwhile, The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes even purchased a new sound system but that was the same from the start.  Apparently as I understand there is no drivers for the Edifier its built in?? BIOS is a bit complicated for me and I couldnt get it to print so I could carefully follow the instructions.

HP Recommended

Greetings @CeCe4, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I understand that you tried a new Bluetooth device as well and it is not responding, is that right?

Please click here for the drivers page of your computer. 

There are two Bluetooth drivers listed for your computer. 

Recommend you open device manager by doing a right-click on the Windows button. 

Expand network adapters in device manager and check which wireless adapter or Bluetooth manufacturer is listed. 

Once you know the manufacturer, uninstall the Bluetooth driver by doing a right-click on it. 

Visit the drivers page, download the driver from the manufacturer you uninstalled and install it back on your computer. 

Once installed, restart your computer, try to configure the Bluetooth speakers and check. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Chimney-83. Ready for it totally confusing to me. I did what you asked but when I expanded Network Adapters. Under that there is

B/T Device Personal Area Network

B/T Device ( RFCOMM Protocol TDI )

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi Fi adapter

Not sure which one to un-install before I do anything else

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing more information. 

Download the Bluetooth driver from this link.

Please uninstall the below drivers.

B/T Device Personal Area Network

B/T Device ( RFCOMM Protocol TDI )

Once you have uninstalled the above two drivers, please restart your computer.

Install the downloaded Realtek Bluetooth driver. 

This should resolve the issue you are facing. 

Keep me posted. Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi....Did everything you suggested but then when I tried to connect my sound system...Edifier e3350 ,,,I seem to have lost all bluetooth from my computer.!!!  Headache!!

HP Recommended

@CeCe4

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I recommend you refresh the OS using the Push button reset: Click here for instructions,

If the issue persists, you could run an extensive system test to identify and resolve the issue accordingly:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen. The test can take 2 or more hours to complete.

NOTE:

If the diagnostics are not available when using the F2 menu, run the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics from a USB drive. To download the latest version of the diagnostics, go to the HP Hardware Diagnostics website. For instructions, see Testing from an external USB device.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi....Thank you for all your help with my sound system. I have done all you asked the last being the OS reset and it worked like a dream. Edifier sound not breaking up and running perfect as is the PC. Thanks again for all your help

HP Recommended

@CeCe4

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards identifying and leading you towards the solution for this concern.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know that you accept my suggestions,

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.