cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bob57
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Speakers 60 cycle hum

HP Recommended
Compaq model 2010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My speakers have developed a 60 cycle hum.  If i turn off the speakers the hum stops.  If I plug in ear phones into the front ear phone jack I do not get the hum.  If I plug the speakers into the same ear phone jack I get the hum.  I have tried moving the speakers to different locations, no change, still get hum.  Reversed plug in power supply, no change, stil get hum.  Do I just need to replace these speakers?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is the power-cord for the speakers plugged-in to the same power-bar as the computer's power-cord?

Doing so would supply the same "ground" voltage-level to both devices, which might help.

0 Kudos
Bob57
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Both PC and speakers power source plugged into same power bar.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation