Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion elite m9250f pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I went to turn on my computer and all I got was a blank screen and my computer would only stay on for a few minutes then shut down. I tried turning it back on a few times but it would just shut itself back down. The monitor would stay blank nothing would come on the screen. A couple of days ago I notice that when I did a restart the computer tried to boot up from one of my external hard drives so I had unpluged it and it started up fine. I had not plugged that hard drive back in.  I decided to take the hard drives out and try them in another coputer. The first message I got was Start PXE over IPv4, then Start PXE over IPv6, then boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk. hard disk - (3FO). It had F2 for system diagnostics. I did that on both of the drives and they passed. I was also able to get into both of the drives by making them the second drive on another computer and all of the info is there. I am running windows 10 that was an up grade when it cam out. I have not had any problems till now. I have not downloaded any software or had any upgrading of any software lately. I don't know enough about it so I don't mess with the internal of a computer. I found ware other people that have had this problem were told to do things to there bios, and try performing a system restart, but how can I do that if my monitor or my keyboard won't do anything. My monitor just has the no input signal flashing on it and my keyboard which is plugged into the back with my mouse won't work either.  I have a razer keyboard and mouse and they won't light up so i figured that they were not working also. Please I hope that there is someone out there that can tell me how to do to fix this problem. I will respond back to you quickly. I have to fix this now. I tried to put as much info that i could down, if there is any thing else please let me know.Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

Two common points of failure with age of PC and symptom are motherboard or power supply.

You have to work on inside of tower to find bad component.

There is no easy fix to this.

Maybe take to PC repair person for help.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.