cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MLytle96 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stereo Mix Recording (Poor Quality)

I am trying to utilize the stereo mix recording feature with the IDT High Def Audio CODEC; however, when I use it, the sound qualify is very poor (sounds like very low streaming quality).  I can get it to work if I uninstall the driver but when it reboots it reinstalls automatically.  Has anyone else had problems with this driver?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sedonatom Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stereo Mix Recording (Poor Quality)

When I try to record audio with my Wavepad audio editing program using the stereo mix "feature" of the

realtek hd sound controller, my recordings come out missing all the lower frequency sounds such as drum

beats; I sent an email to the vendor for Wavepad and the first thing they asked me was am I using stereo mix;

I tried to talk to HP tech support about the problem: the first tech insisted the realtek was working properly,

so I hung up and called back; they second tech suggest I pay for support.  I told him that since my computer is new,

and broken, and HP refuses to honor their warranty and fix it, I will just take it back to the store .

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation