cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
arn-arn_zambo Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still can't istalling windows7 32bit

pavillion 510-p150d DT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi sir
i have try creating a windows 7 usb3 creator utility and start installing the windows7
after installing windows7, it restart still the keyboard and mouse is not working i cant type the user account and computer name i can't proceed logging to the windows

hope you can help me find the solution thanks...

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Provost Provost
Provost
18,505 16,465 1,533 3,658
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@arn-arn_zambo

Your desktop came preinstalled with Win10, and the problem with the newer Win10 PCs is that HP does not provide any older Win7 drivers for their hardware.

This means that unless everything works with the Win7 downgrade, you run the risk of being stuck with a PC in which some of the hardware does not function properly -- and most likely, never will.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Dean
Dean
11,616 11,017 575 1,629
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> If you wanted a Win7 desktop, you should have looked around to buy one instead of a Win10 desktop.

That "scolding" does not help the person.  Shame on you!

There is a known problem when trying to install Windows 7 on a "Skylake" motherboard that has USB 3 hardware.

The symptoms (cannot use keyboard nor mouse to "login") are those of this "known problem".

However, the person did state that a bootable Windows 7 disk that includes device-drivers for USB 3 hardware on the motherboard was created.  This is the "known solution" for this "known problem".

This updated version of Windows should have circumvented the "known problem", if the disk was correctly created.

Please check that possibility.

Does the motherboard have sockets for the "old school" PS/2-interface keyboard & mouse?

If so, use those devices, instead of the USB-interface devices, and login to Windows.

Run Windows Update, to get the latest device-drivers.

There might be a slight chance that a device like:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/j5-create-7-port-usb-3-0-hub-black/4561575.p?skuId=4561575

would provide a USB 3 interface to the motherboard, and a USB 1.1 & 2.0 interface to your keyboard & mouse?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
18,505 16,465 1,533 3,658
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@arn-arn_zambo

I should not have been critical of your purchasing a Win10 PC instead of a Win7 PC, and for that, I am sorry...

But the fact of the matter is that "... many hardware manufacturers no longer provide drivers for Windows 7, which means that modern peripherals such as printers are no longer recognized. In order to users a modern interplay of software and hardware, new processor generations are only supported by the latest Windows platform: Windows 10 is the only Windows version that provides support for the latest Intel, AMD and Qualcomm chips . In addition, many programs are already written or developed for the newer versions of Windows."

This quote comes directly from Microsoft's own explanation for ending Windows 7 support in three years.

So, while there may be a workaround for one hardware problem, don't be surprised if other hardware will not function well when you force Windows 7 onto this PC.

I do know where you can still purchase Win7 PCs, as I regularly do that for my clients that still want to run Win7 -- and are extremely determined to NOT run Win10, but those "new" PCs still have older hardware in them.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,758 4,687 444 982
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

You are using USB 3.0 ports for mouse and keyboard??

Grzy

0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
11,616 11,017 575 1,629
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>>> i have try creating a windows 7 usb3 creator utility

>>> and start installing the windows7.

>>> After installing windows7, it restart.

>>> still the keyboard and mouse is not working.

>>> i can't type the user account and computer name.

>>> I can't proceed logging to the windows

> You are using USB 3.0 ports for mouse and keyboard??

Presumably, if the author knows enough to modify a Windows 7 DVD to add USB 3 support (since the motherboard lacks any USB 2 ports, and the original DVD lacks any USB  3 support), then the author would know "where" the keyboard/mouse need to be connected.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,758 4,687 444 982
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

The PC has two back and two front USB 2.0 ports.

Grzy

0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
11,616 11,017 575 1,629
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

See: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/directron/usb3pic1.jpg

The USB 3.0 ports either have the "blue" plastic piece in the socket, or a 'SS' ("SuperSpeed") marker printed near the port.

Anyway, be sure that your keyboard/mouse are plugged-in to your USB 2.0 ports.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation