cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AirForce9731
Level 5
271 156 10 9
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stop Motion

Sprout 23-s010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is the Stop Motion software available for the Sprout. If so, were do I find it?

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Cordice
Level 2
20 16 0 5
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stop Motion

Hi!

I see that you wrote about six days ago about the stop action application for the HP Sprout Windows 10. It looks like no one ever answered your question.  Is someone checking that for you?  I also would like to know about that app as well as the "mischief" app and the Video Capture app.  I will be watching this thread and hopefully someone will answer.  Neither of those apps show

0 Kudos
Level 1 AchipA
Level 1
6 4 1 2
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stop Motion

It's available in the Marketplace (from within the WorkSpace). There are some cases where apps will show up only for some users (if the app doesn't support a coutry/language, for example), but at least for UK/US English (didn't check others) it should be readily available.

Employed by HP, but my posts and opinions on this forum are my own
0 Kudos
Cordice
Level 2
20 16 0 5
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stop Motion

Hi!

Thank you for responding.

The problem is exactly that!  I do not see the apps that I understand exist and which should be available to me (I am in the USA and purchased my Sprout here).

There is the golden bell in my workspace indicating updates to my apps, etc; but there are only (i) updates to the apps that came with my machine - in which, I must admit, I have no interest - except maybe in the piano app; and (ii) the new app titles EXCEPT the two in which I have an interest - the Video Camera app and the one called Mischief.  Those do not appear at all.  There are other apps, such as the Wiki app and another one I was not aware existed in which I have no interest. 

So, my question is this:  Where do I obtain the applications advertised as being available?  If they are third party apps, what company is it so I can go to them and arrange for the application from them.

I understand you are not an HP employee; however, I do appreciate that you took the time to try to get us on the right track.  Before I post here, I really do try to look and see if I can solve a problem myself.

I thought I read that the app that the initial poster was looking for is contained within another app - the 3d app, perhaps?  I could download that one and hoped I could find a solution to my own problem there; but, I do not see how that app could solve either of our questions.  Perhaps I will look at it again; but, this digging around certainly does cut into production time.  I would like to literally "get the show on the road."  Clear instructions on downloading of apps for HP Sprout users would be appreciated by this owner.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Cordice
Level 2
20 16 0 5
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stop Motion

Hi Grad Student and Hi other person who responded (but whose name I can not see at the moment), I have the answer to the stop motion question:

You go to start

all apps

camera

when you open the camera

At top of the page you can select downward facing camera  or forward facing camera

Then on the side of the page you can select video camera or still camera shots

Then after that you can go to the upper right corner where you see the three little dots and click on those

There you will have the opportunity to select whether you want to take a photograph at various regular intervals

You can set the interval time

That should give you your stop action, no?  If you were taking photographs of a flower blossoming, for instance?

or something withering?

I hope that gives you some clues if it does not answer your question.

And i think I may have found how to record the downward facing shots.

But it does not seem to be the product that HP was talking about - If it is something really special, I will come back and explain what I found.

I do not see the 'tracing' application nor the mishchief for Sprout app.

0 Kudos
AirForce9731
Level 5
271 156 10 9
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stop Motion

I didn't see it in the MarketPlace. I've seen a couple of videos of it being used, but that's all I've found. Still no software. My Sprout is a 23-S010 and I upgraded the Operating System to Windows 10.

Here's a link to a demo of the "Stop Motion" app:

http://sugarandcharm.com/2015/10/stop-motion-flower-designs-with-hp-sprout.html?jumpid=em_r329_SPRT_...

0 Kudos
Cordice
Level 2
20 16 0 5
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stop Motion

Yes,  AirForce 9731...

This video certainly is not the camera app to which I referred.  I do not know, but something smells rotten!  No one from HP answered your question.  It should not matter one whit that we have upgraded to Windows 10 since everything I read indicated that Sprout would work well with it. 

There is a suspicious absence of information about the best apps that are available for the HP Sprout and HP is not helpful in directing us on how to obtain them on the search engines.  I wonder why? And if you Google (tm) the term "Sprout light Pencil" or "hp sprout light pencil" you get a result almost entirely for an actual pencil that one can plant and which sprouts in the earth.

Why tease us with snippets of delicious applications we can not find?  How did the company which is on Instagram touting the ability to make such videos get it and get HP to agree to partner with it? I see someone wrote (at the link you posted) and asked her how the  videos were made; but, I do not see that anyone gave any response. 

0 Kudos
Mauricevlgns
3 2 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stop Motion

I'm a bit late on this, but what the heck. I'm having the same problem with finding the Stop Motion app in the marketplace. I've spoken with customer service, and the rep said that 2 out of the 3 sprout pc's he had access to did not have the stop motion app either. It seems to be an issue on HP's end. Hopefully an update will solve the problem for everyone. Customer service is supposed to get back to me with a solution via email. I wasn't given a timeline though, so I will post as soon as I get a response.

0 Kudos
Cordice
Level 2
20 16 0 5
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stop Motion

Hi Maurice,

you are not too late at all! And it sounds promising! I did come across a thread here indicating that perhaps the stop motion and the video capture apps are  in sprouts that went to UK or France. The thread suggested  a way to resest the country of our computer temporarily in order to see if those apps would appear available to download. I have not had a chance to try that; but, when I get a chance, I will.  It might be something as simple as that! I can't remember the exact thread - Only that a guy in Israel did not get a certain app and was advised to try that option.

If you speak to, or hear back from, HP, please also ask about the 'video capture' app that was announced at the same time the stop motion app was announced.

Thanks!

Dogscanlookup
Level 1
1 1 0 3
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stop Motion

Waiting anxiously to hear back on this one because I'm in the same boat. I'm also curious about the LIght Stencil, as that was one of the major contributing factors to me buying a Sprout in the first place and I don't have that loaded either. 😕

The lack of information of any kind on the Sprout is maddening. This is a big fancy machine and should come with an overabundance of information, but it's like trying to get blood from a stone haha. You do a search for anything Sprout-related and it's nothing but reviews and unboxings as far as the eye can see. Even the forums are pretty bare.

I have a feeling I'll get to know a lot of you in the near future, lol!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation