Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MisterZ Tutor
Tutor
6 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Strange fatal problem with upgrading BIOS - HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd

HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd is not alive for now Please help to solve it

When I was watching a video w/ using a flash player on my HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd all-in-one suddenly computer shutting down by itself with strange sound from fan
That happens a couple times w/ Win 7 and more often w/ windows 10 because of that I decided to upgrade the BIOS
So, In the middle of upgrade computer was shutting down by itself and when I tried to restart PC and gives me 8 beeps and in a very little while shutting  down

Sounds AMI BIOS can not be initiated or video card
I tried to remove a battery and change a jumper to reset BIOS and  install new video card

So far nothing helps

Any solution ?

fan on video card is good

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
13324 1252 2967
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MisterZ

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I wish I had good news for you -- but I don't ...

According to the HP product page, the ONLY BIOS update version available is from back in 2011 and that was for Win7, not even Win8, and certainly -- NOT for Win10. 

BIOS corruption is serious -- REALLY serious -- to the degree that this is probably NOT fixable, at least, without paying a LOT of money to a certified repair facility to reflash the BIOS chip in your desktop.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04126730

But, if these don't work (and they probably will NOT), your only recourse will be to pay someone to reflash the BIOS in your desktop.  Here is information on  HP Service Centers:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372730?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0004

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
MisterZ Tutor
Tutor
6 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you so much for your reply.  Unfortunately nothing works for my all-in-one

It is not a laptop it s a big all-in -one It was maximum PC for 2012 with 16 Gb RAM Blu-ray RW , drive and i7 old generation so on ... and it is still good one There is no all-in one for me  in  the market with 32 Gb RAM and Blu-ray RW to replace it 

So it s very difficult to ship it I have no box for this PC

Simply, I am look for Certified HP Service Center in New York City (like Apple has it) or real someone HP Certified professional in New York City boroughs (Brooklyn and Manhattan would be great)  who authorized or has HP certificate 

Mister Z.

[email for contact removed by system]

0 Kudos
MisterZ Tutor
Tutor
6 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a new BIOS chip However, I can not find actual location to replace it

PLEASE SHOW ME LOCATION OF THE BIOS CHIP FOR HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd

Thnk you in advance !

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation