Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 750-170
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the HP Envy 750-170 with motherboard model 2b4b.

From here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-750-100-desktop-pc-series/8499646/model/850... I downloaded the most recent BIOS update for the 2b4b ROM family.  

This BIOS update was A0.38 Rev.A from October 7, 2016.

The file the downloaded was sp77850.exe.

I ran the file.

It checked the System SSID and found a match.  Then started the ME/EC firmware update process.

Checked the System ME firmware status and version.

Then Intel Firmware Update Utility Version 11.0.0.1205 was listed.

Communication Mode: MEI

Checking firmware parameters....

It then warns me not to exit the process or power off the machine before the firmware update process ends.

Then, "Sending the update image to FW for verification: [ Complete ]

FW Update:    [  53%  (\)] Do not Interrupt".

It's been stuck there at 53% for over 30 minutes now.

What do I do?

Thanks for your help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @turinghp

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are trying to update the BIOS on your computer and it is taking a very long time. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help.

Have you made any hardware changes on your computer?

Do you have any additional external devices connected to your computer? (external HDD, printer, etc.)

Were you facing any issues on your computer before updating the BIOS on your computer?

15-20 minutes is the usual time required to update the BIOS if not external devices are connected to your computer. 

If the update is not completing, shut down the computer. 

Disconnect any external devices connected to your computer. 

Perform a hard reset. (Disconnect all the external devices, power, monitor, etc.)

Wait for a minute. 

Connect only power, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. 

While holding down the Win + B keys on the keyboard power On the computer. 

This would rollback the BIOS on your computer. Click here to know more. 

Once the BIOS rollback is done, please restart the computer. 

Login to your computer and run HP Support Assistant to update all the drivers meant for your computer automatically, including BIOS. Click here to know more.  

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.