cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ChuckC1812
Author
Level 3
37 34 1 4
Message 11 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Rich, the BIOS is 5.07.  Here's the wierd thing about the remote:

1. I works about 1 out ov every 10 reboots

2. The only functions that don't work when watching TV are the Volume, Mute, Pause, Start.  The functions that do work with the TV are the Guide, Channel change and the 4-way scroll function.  The volume, mute, pause and start don't work when playing music throught the Media Center either.

Wierd!  Why sometimes and not other times?

0 Kudos
ChuckC1812
Author
Level 3
37 34 1 4
Message 12 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I found how to get the HP Remote Control to work with my IQ826t! I was reading something and it reminded me that I had never gone through the list of Services in this computer. I found a service that was off called, "Human Interface Device Access". I changed the properties of it from Manual to Automatic. Rebooted and WOW, the remote will now control the Volume, Mute and the other functions it was ignoring. NOTE: Before I tried this service I also found a service called "HP Software Framework". It was manual as well. I changed this to Automatic - Delayed Start, however I don't think this has anything to do with the issue. Try the Human Interface service first. I've rebooted several times and the Remote Control for the TV is still working. YEA!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
millers55
3 1 0 0
Message 13 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chuck,

Thanks for the post.  I tried to go the the NextWindow site, but they have a message that they are no longer in business.  Do you still hve the driver and, if so, can I get a copy?

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
ChuckC1812
Author
Level 3
37 34 1 4
Message 14 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do.  Give me a location and I'll upload it for you.  Send me a private message by clicking on the envelope icon in the top right corner of your browser.

Chuck

0 Kudos
speckery
1 1 0 0
Message 15 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello Chuck

i m searching win8 drivers of nextwindow but the site is down, could you save my life telling me where i can find thisdriver please?

thanks a lot for your help!

0 Kudos
RogerBin
5 5 0 0
Message 16 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you please provide me with the driver for touchscreen that you have mentioned in you post. NW Site is down from sometime...

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
ChuckC1812
Author
Level 3
37 34 1 4
Message 17 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you provide me with a site to upload it, I'll do that.

Chuck

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation