cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TehErk Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Super slow large file transfer Windows 10 3TB drive

HPE-510t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP HPE-510t. It is running windows 10, clean install. I have a 240GB SSD, a 1TB SATA drive, and a 3TB SATA drive. All are NTFS formatted.

If I transfer a 1GB file to the 3TB drive it makes it to 50% lightning quick and then slows down so slow it looks like it has stopped. Other two drives work fine. Files 560MB and smaller transfer fine. I don't know where the exact breaking point is between 560 and 1GB. Transfers to that drive do the same thing whether it's from those drives, a USB drive, or the network.

Can this motherboard just not handle a larger than 2TB drive? I tried to find a BIOS update, but there's not one.

Can't find an answer, going crazy, please help!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation