Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 490 G1 Microtower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is maximum supported RAM size for motherboard Hewlett-Packard 18EB.

18EB (0x000000F0 - 0x000024F0)

Windows 10 x64,

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz , Socket 1150 LGA (0x1), Haswell

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

HERE IS THE MANUAL for that model line.  The support documents indicate:

Up to 32 GB DDR3 Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory (SDRAM

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Can I put 4x8Gb DDR3 1333 Ram or it's not recomended or stricted to DDR3-1600 MHz as described in documentation, pls.also note that i run Windows 10. Is there any changes to the specs since it published?

Thanks

HP Recommended

On page 48 of that manual I link, it states the memory types and how to populate them in the four memory slots.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks again,  i want clarify: can i use DDR3 1333 or i restricted use PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 MHz-compliant and support CAS latency 11 DDR3 1600 MHz (11-11-11 timing)

HP Recommended

I cannot answer that but only go by the comment in the manual.  I suppose if the DDR3 1333 is accepted, then it will run OK, but at a slightly slower speed.

I'm not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.