cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Switch user accounts, reset password

hp omni
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have an hp all in one desktop that will not let me switch user accounts because at the start up menu, when i enter my password, it tells me that it is incorrect and that i need to insert my password reset disk.  I know my password, but it still tells me that  i am wrong and i never set up a reset disk. Does anyone know how i can get past this screen?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,165 26,120 2,181 3,346
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Switch user accounts, reset password

Welcome to the HP Forums,
I hope you're well @jcard303

As I understand that you are unable to switch user accounts due to an incorrect password message, you don't have a password reset disk and you need to get past this screen, here's what you need to do:

I recommend following the steps in this document on How to Enable or Disable Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account Windows 8 and 8.1.
This should help you enter your password when booting into Safe Mode.

If the above doesn't work, you may need to reinstall your OS as the last option.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation