Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
muddblood Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

T530 Thin Client Linux OS - Missing Toolbar

t520 Thin Client Flexible
Linux

I have an HP t520 Flexible Series Thin Client running Linux and the toolbar at the bottom is missing.  Is it not hidden, as the gears icon doesn't even show in the lower center of the screen, nor does moving the mouse to the bottom reveal this toolbar.  This toolbar is needed to configure the display settings (among other things).  I am wondering if there is a way to display this tool bar.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
7570 605 2658
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome!

What is the Linux disto you run on the HP device ? May be you could post in the specific forum of this distro to check with the Linux-gurus about the issue.

**** It would be great if you use the THUMB-UP+ button below for encouragement, likes and kudos
**** Please, hit the button to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos
muddblood Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

It is whatever distro HP puts on these from the factory.

0 Kudos
muddblood Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

I figured it out.  I was able to guess the admin mode password and click the setting to show taskbar (also to hide taskbar).  I also changed the password to our company default.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation