cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FL_Benelux
Level 2
10 7 1 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

T610 IE settings not taking effect

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Here are some background information:

- HP T610 with WES7 6.1.701.279 (Latest version I think)

- HP Device Manager 4.5 SP 2

Capturing image and deploying image is no problem.

But last week I wanted to change the homepage to a particular website. I created the task sent it to all T610's (16 unit). The task completes nicely, but when I went to check the thinclient. The IE homepage is still pointing to HP website.

The weird thing is that in the beginning I got this working with no problem. (5 weeks ago)

Now it's not working anymore. Could anyone shed some light on this issue?

Also I have applied the tak to User account.

Thanks!

Gideon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
44 44 5 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The unattend file used during sysprep is likely resetting it.  Modify c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep_unattend.xml prior to capturing your image to the homepage of your choice. 

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable
44 44 5 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The unattend file used during sysprep is likely resetting it.  Modify c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep_unattend.xml prior to capturing your image to the homepage of your choice. 

View solution in original post

DeanC911
Level 3
54 54 3 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just tried setting WES .279 IE Homepage with no problems. Was there a difference in the URL you were able to successfully set and the one that is not working? Does the new URL contain any special chars? Also, you can check the log files under C:\WIndows\xpeagent on the thin client to see if they can shed any light (particularly the agent.log and the child.log.

DeanC911
Level 3
54 54 3 2
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One more thing I just thought of...  How (number of chars), is the URL? Did you try a simple URL such as Google's just to test that URL makes a difference or not?

FL_Benelux
Author
Level 2
10 7 1 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks HP_TC_EM!!

This solved my problem. I deleted an older sysprep XML and performed the task again. Now it's working again.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation