Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bethesda1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

T620: Imaging wireless adapter settings

T620
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

We need some advanced settings of the wireless adapter and the network connection itself stored in the image, captured by HDPM.

When deploying this image to the original T620, everything works fine. Whe deploying to others T620, the wireless adapter settings are lost. That means, the originial wireless adapter is "in the background", and the wireless adapter of the deplyoed thin client gets #2. That's why the settings are "lost".

How do I have to configure, capture and deploy the thin client image?

It's Win embedded 7.

thanks for your help.

Sascha

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Intern Intern
Intern
36 36 0 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried deploying a default image, and then deploy an _Apply Settings | Network task ?

and because WLAN, in cached mode ?

I am an HP Employee. My opinions are my own and do not express those of HP.
**Click the Thumps Up Button on the right to say Thanks** .
0 Kudos
Bethesda1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I deployed the image which has been captured on both ways, cached and non-cached.

With the _Apply Settings it isn't possible to configure wireless adapters. It's only possible to set DHCP and DNS for the default network card. How to get the wireless adapter in there?

When Cloning the netwrok settings from my master client, it capture's only the default network card (LAN), even if the wireless adapter is active and connected to a wireless network.

Created a hp support ticket too last week, but didnt get an answer yet.

Perhaps problem with HPDM 4.7 SP6..

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation