cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

TS All in one monitor is flickering, changing size and conflicting with mouse

HP Recommended
Pavillion All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My touch screen monitor has an area on the right part of the screen that will not respond to touch.   My mouse is flickering all over the place and the dimensions of the screen change from full screen to 200 % back to 75% back to 150% in the space of a couple  of seconds ( as it just did now) for no reason and in all programs.   Since we use skype, the size of the screen will change back and forth for no reason.   I get dialog boxes up on a working screen which seem to appear for no reason and flicker while they appear.  I have run a complete virus scan.  I am running windows 10. I do not game or watch movies, TV etc (or this would have posted long ago just for the annoyance factor.) Any suggestions, it is still under warranty.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
11,939 11,740 1,233 3,641
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Farmgirl,

It helps to give the full model number when asking for help.

First off, I will recommend...

If you system is still under warranty, you should contact HP Support directly for your area.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Does the flickering occur during startup also, or just after Windows has fully opened?

If it flickers during startup or at the bios screen, it most likely is a hardware issue and will be covered under warranty.

If it only occurs after you are logged in, try doing a Recovery back to Factory to reinstall Windows. If its virus related or such, doing a recovery will clear that out.

Rapidly tapping the F11 key are start up will bring up the Recovery option.

This will wipe the Operating System and you will lose any data stored on the C drive. Hopefully, you have that backed up.

You will want to download and install any necessary drivers from the HP.com website for your model.

If doing a recovery does not work, continue to contact HP Support.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation