cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jab14 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Technical support

slimline
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does anyone think it is a lack of customer service when you are told that a technical support person can not help you with your technical issue unless you buy into a tech plan first.  What ever happened to providing the customer with service and working with them to fix the computer and pay for what needs to be fixed upon determining the issue?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
18,524 16,482 1,535 3,661
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Technical support

jab14

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

The HP warranty provides for HP Technical Support without charge for the duration of the one-year warranty.

If your PC is older than that, the warranty has expired and HP is then not obligated to provide free technical support.

Also, the PC is only warranteed for support for the original OS that comes preinstalled, if you change that, you are on your own.

So, is your PC less than a year old and does it still use the original OS that came preinstalled?

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
jab14 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Technical support

My warranty ends in April 2016 and th OS that was installed was never changed, modified or adjusted. I was on the phone with tech support for over an hour and. I would would help me unless I agreed to and purchases up front a service agreement they wounldnt even look at the machine to determine a potential issue.
0 Kudos
jab14 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Technical support

Excuse me type my warranty expiration date incorrectly it expires in April 2017. Still. I tech support person would look at my computer.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
18,524 16,482 1,535 3,661
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Technical support

OK, that doesn't sound right to me -- as you should be able to get Tech Support while the original warranty is still in effect.

I will raise this to the attention of the board Admins -- and you should be getting a PM from them about this.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,055 9,844 921 1,473
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Technical support

Hello @jab14,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation