Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 2 (869 Views)

Temperature readings help

Where in all the bios options do I go to view the cpu temperature settings? I have used freeware utilities: HWMonitor and CoreTemp and they are giving me incorrect temperatures. Essentially, they show about 0-5C when 30-35C is normal. I can't help but notice that it looks like the Celcius to Fahrenheit conversion isn't happening correctly. So, I would like to go into the bios to see what it says and to see if I can toggle the readings from F->C (or whichever needs to happen). I can't find the temp readings anywhere whenever I hit ESC, F1, F10, or DEL at startup (before Windows comes up). Can someone tell me where to look and how to get there?

Thank you

Tutor
Message 2 of 2 (866 Views)

Re: Temperature readings help

Sorry....I have an a1700n with the Asus A8M2N-LA MB. I just upgraded the cpu to an AMD 5000+ Brisbane, and the temps aren't correct.They were correct with the AMD 3800+ cpu.  I need to get these temps correct to make sure the cpu and MB are protected from overheating.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation